Where to visit in the Exeter area
There’s a huge choice of interesting places to visit in Devon that are within easy reach of the Devon Hotel.
- Exeter has a stunning cathedral dating back to 1050, a fascinating Roman history and great shopping including recently renovated Princesshay shopping and restaurant area that boasts John Lewis and Jamie Olivers' among it's attractions.
- Exmouth beautiful seaside town with 2 miles of golden sands, Exmouth is a centre for sailing, windsurfing and rambling and the gateway to the Jurassic Coast (World Heritage Site)
- Honiton has an excellent range of antique shops
- The stunning Jurassic Coast was England’s first natural World Heritage Site starting at Orcombe Point in Exmouth running 95 miles to Studland Bay in Dorset
- Lyme Regis has its famous Cobb and exceptional views
- Sidmouth oozes Victorian elegance with it's beautiful promenade and pebble beach
- Dartmouth is renowned for its naval history and picturesque streets
- Totnes is well known for its diverse shops and alternative therapies
- Budleigh Salterton is a beautiful quaint seaside town with a lovely pebbled beach
- Dartmoor National Park has 368 square miles of rugged moorland and forests, dotted with gorgeous villages
Want to take a break from driving? You’ll find that Exeter is a main hub for local bus and train services, providing excellent connections to many local towns.