The Devon Hotel Access Statement
Welcome to The Devon Hotel
We are committed to creating great memories and experiences for all our guests. We hope you will find this access information useful and that it helps to make your visit an enjoyable one.
We are aware that everyone’s needs are different, so if there is any detail you are looking for that is not covered in the information below, then please do get in touch and we will be happy to help. And of course, our friendly and experienced team will be on hand to assist you at any point during your stay with us.
Some general points on access
- The Devon Hotel has two adapted easy access, disabled friendly rooms with grab rails, shower with seat and emergency push button assist alarms. See Rooms section of our website for full details.
- Although the hotel does not have a lift, there are a total of 21 rooms on the ground floor.
- Our Carriages Restaurant, bar and lounge are all situated on the ground floor and have ramped access from the restaurant car park.
Directions to the Hotel
Directions from the M5
- Exit at Junction 30 and at the roundabout, exit on to the A379 for Exeter.
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Dawlish/A379/Marsh Barton and merge onto Rydon Lane A379.
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit continuing on the A379, at the next roundabout take the second exit continuing on the A379.
- You will see the hotel on your left. At the next roundabout take the first exit into the hotel car park.
Directions from the A30 Westbound
- Join the M5 South at Junction 29. Keep in the left hand lane and exit at junction 30, then follow directions as above.
Directions from A30 Eastbound
- Exit the A30 following the signs for A377/A30 Exeter/Honiton
- At the roundabout take the first exit onto the A377, then at the traffic lights take the first left.
- At the next set of traffic lights turn right towards Alphington/Sainsbury’s, keep in the second lane.
- At the traffic lights turn left, keeping in the inside/left lane, here you bear left onto Church Road.
- At the roundabout take the first exit onto Alphin Brook Road, and at the mini roundabout take the second exit
- At the next roundabout take the third exit onto Hennock Road Central, continue straight on this road through the traffic lights
- At the roundabout take the second exit and keep in the right hand lane, the hotel will be directly in front of you
- At the next roundabout, take the second exit into the hotel car park.
- Our postcode is EX2 8XU.
Before you arrive
- Reservations may be made by online or by phone, fax or email.
- Exeter airport is 6.1 miles from the hotel (15-25 minutes drive, depending on traffic)
- Exeter St David’s Railway Station 3.3 miles, (10-20 minutes drive, depending on traffic)
- Should you require a taxi from the station or airport, we use a reliable company and would be happy to book them on your behalf.
When you arrive at the hotel
- There is a drop off point at the main entrance to the hotel.
- There are two designated disabled parking spaces in the car park at the front of the hotel and there is also plenty of general car parking all on the level.
- Entrance to the front of the hotel is level.
- Porters are always available to assist you and, if you wish, your luggage can be collected from your car and delivered direct to your room. Our porter can also assist you upon departure.
Our Reception Area
- Our Reception floor is laminated wood.
- Our Reception area is all on one level on the ground floor.
- There is a small step from the car park to gain access to the reception.
- Our staff are always available to help you with check in.
- All accommodation corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- Access to Carriages bar, lounge & restaurant and function suites from the hotel accommodation is via a covered walk way between the two buildings. There is a small road to pass across and 10 steps up to the Carriages building. There is also ramped access.
- Carriages bar, lounge & restaurant main entrance is accessed via eight steps from the restaurant car park or by ramped access.
- There are four various sized conference / function rooms situated in the Carriages building:
The Regency Suite is on the ground floor, with its own bar, male and female toilets and private entrance. The Regency Suite can be accessed via a set of five steps close to its private entrance or by ramped access. Once in the suite everything is on the level.
The Victorian Suite is on the first floor and has its own bar. Access to the building is via 5-10 steps (depending on the entrance taken) or by ramped access. There are 16 steps to gain access to the first floor. Once in the suite everything is on the level.
The Edwardian Suite is on the first floor and has its own male and female toilets. Access to the building is via 5-10 steps (depending on the entrance taken) or by ramped access. There are 24 steps to gain access to the Edwardian Suite. Once in the suite everything is on the level.
The Georgian Suite is on the first floor. Access to the building is via 10 steps or by ramped access. There are 16 steps to gain access to the first floor. Once in the suite everything is on the level
- There is one public access door in the Carriages bar, lounge and restaurant on auto closures.
- Our disabled toilet is situated on the ground floor of Carriages bar, lounge and Restaurant.
- The disabled toilet is fitted with an emergency alarm.
- There are two sets of male and female toilets on the ground floor of Carriages bar, lounge and Restaurant.
- There is ample movable seating and there are chairs with or without arms available.
- There is background music in most areas. This can be adjusted if requested.
- Service is a mixture of self service and table service. Full waiter service is provided if required.
- There is a mixture of natural and artificial light in all areas.
Easy Access Rooms
- We have two adapted easy access, disabled friendly rooms with grab rails, shower with seat and emergency push button assist alarms.
- Full details and pictures of these can be seen in the Rooms section of our website.
- There is no lift in the hotel.
- The 60 bedrooms in the accommodation part of the hotel are situated over two floors (Ground and First).
- There are 21 rooms on the ground floor and 39 rooms on the first floor.
- There are 14 steps to access rooms 201-207 and once on this level the rooms have split levels with 4 steps between the bathroom and bedroom.
- There are 11 steps to access rooms 208 – 229. Once on the first floor our King double/twin rooms have four steps up to the door of the room from the corridor. Our Standard double rooms are on a split level with four steps between the bathroom to the bedroom.
- Via a separate entrance to our executive rooms there are 17 steps to access the first floor rooms 230 -239.
- There are telephones in all rooms and a limited 24 hour room service is available.
Please reserve the following equipment when you make your booking. If you require anything that is not listed below, please contact us and we will do our utmost to arrange the hire on your behalf.
- High chair
- The fire alarm is a high pitched siren and does not have flashing lights.
- Red flashing beacons are installed in some areas of the hotel.
- Deafguards linked to the fire alarm system are available on request for those guests with impaired hearing.
- Emergency evacuation plans are available in each room. Please ensure that you make yourself familiar with these for your own safety.
- An evacuation procedure can be agreed with guests on arrival.
- Service dogs (only) are welcome on the premises.
- Small fridges are available on request for medication.
We have tried to be as accurate and detailed as possible in our Access Statement but we are always willing to give further information on any aspect of the hotel. If you feel you have a particular query we have not covered then please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are always looking to improve our service to our guests, so please let us know if you have any comments about this access statement. We would welcome any suggestions you may have that would make your stay with us more comfortable and enjoyable.
Tel: 01392 259268
Fax: 01392 413142
The Devon Hotel